LATEST UPDATE ON THE SUMMER FLOWER SHOW
The Committee have decided to cancel the Summer Flower Show, obviously because of Coronavirus and the ability to do safe social distancing.
Instead we would like to organise an alternative celebration of gardening, arts and crafts for local residents to look forward to. The exact format and details are still dependent on what social activities will be realistically allowed within Coronavirus rules and guidelines.
Preliminary thoughts are based on providing a Village Trail, encouraging walking or cycling as good exercise, and in order to observe physical distancing the event could run for the full weekend, ie Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd August.
Everyone would be invited to put displays of flowers, vegetables and crafts in their front gardens/gateways/on the allotments, in anyway they want; no entry fees; no judging, just a show case of all the great work that has kept us busy during the past weeks; and will certainly continue for the next few months.
More details will be provided shortly – so keep an eye on our website for updates.
- All classes are open to all.
- Intending exhibitors must give notice to the Secretary according to the directions given on the Entry Form. All Entrance Fees to accompany the Entry Form.
- Exhibitor allowed only one prize in the same class.
- All specimens exhibited for competition must have been grown by the Exhibitor in their own garden or allotment, or have been in their possession for at least two months prior to the Show, except where otherwise stated.
- No competitor may remove their exhibits until 4.00 pm.
- The Committee will not be responsible for any damage which may occur to exhibits or containers.
- The Committee reserves the right to refuse any entry.
- All prizes are to be awarded at the discretion of the Judges.
- All arrangements to be at the discretion of the Committee.
- All complaints must be made to the Secretary before 4.00 pm on the day of the Show. The decision of the Committee is final.
- It shall be the duty of the Committee to see that no person except those officially appointed shall be present during the judging.
- Prize money will be paid on the day of the show.
- Class prizes and point scores as shown on previous page.
- Arts and Craft items cannot be accepted for judging if they have been awarded a prize in any previous Spaxton Show.
- ALL EXHIBITS FOR COMPETITION MUST BE STAGED BETWEEN 09:00 AND AT THE LATEST 10:45 am ON THE DAY OF THE SHOW.
- Entry forms must be returned by 5:30pm on Thursday 26 March to one of the following: Spaxton Community Stores Roseway, High Steet (Clare Downer)
NO CHANGES CAN BE MADE TO ENTRIES AND LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED